Friday, October 15, 2010

Homecoming

Yesterday I received my pictures from homecoming and I figured I might as well let you all know that I told my date(Garrett Thurgood) that I would love to go to homecoming with him and here is how I did it...
I had a scripture put on the board for right after the scripture mastery and it read:
1 Homecoming 10:2 (it was the first homecoming for the two of us and it was on oct. 2nd) "And it came to pass that I, Mekayla Gibson, was desirous to go to the school dance. Wherefore it no sooner came to my mind that I noticed a valiant young man. For I greatly desired to be escort by a righteous priest. Therefore, I would that ye should know that Garret proclaimed ..." and then I wrote him a poem(with help from my pals audree and lexie a.k.a. hottie #1and #2)
We do not know each other well
but I think Homecoming could be swell.
Neither of us have a date and I hear you're really great.
So let's go out that night
and hope my dad doesn't give you a fright.
We will make the night its best
when we put our dancing skills to the test.
I know timing is a crunch
I promise(scratch that) hope I won't eat too much.
Please don't take me to be creepy...
I'm trying to be deep-y.
I know it is not usual for girls to ask
so... the answer is YES!
I would love to go to homecoming with you!
(We had never really officially met, so I gave him some candy to "sweeten" him up and I wrote a letter introducing myself.)
He answered by having a dozen red roses delivered to me and telling me that he would be honored to go with me. It was one of the funnest nights of my life. I spent the whole night laughing and having a great time.

P.S. I think one of my favorite parts was the last song of the dance when they played you;re mine by Jason Mraz(the only slow song they played while we were there) and at the end of the song I asked Cody if he was going to spin Lauren and he said why not and then I turned to Garrett and he shrugged and then spun me at the end of the song... I know it sounds cheesy but it made me smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment